Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 8...our last day in Madagascar

We got up Sunday morning and headed to Pastor Parami's church. It was a rustic building on another very rough road. We could hear the congregation singing as we drove up. It was a wonderful sound! They had reserved a spot in the front row for us and we joined in their worship. It was easy to clap along, but we didn't know any of the words, although you could recognize some of the music. Then they sang a song in French, English & Malagasy. That was wonderful and we were so thankful to be able to put words to our worship. Pastor Jon spoke with Pastor Parami translating (with help from Nate as needed). It was very good message and I felt so blessed to be a part.

After the message Pastor Parami had us visitors stand and several members of the congregation came dancing up the aisle with gifts for us! And then they made us dance with them...it was really was a wonderful experience (although a little out of our comfort zone!). God is good and you could tell these people love the Lord and want to serve them. Pastor Parami is an exceptional pastor and leads with such love excitement! It was a privilege to be a part of their service.

After a tasty lunch at a french restaurant we headed to the Artisan Market. Nate & Tammy told us we had to negotiate with the vendors there. They will ask a high price and it's our job to get down to half! Oh my...not easy for me! But I actually did pretty well on a small painting and some other gifts I wanted. I had Nate help with a few things, but I was able to get fairly good prices on my purchases...Now Kenny on the other hand might not have gotten the best price...Oh well, we all enjoyed the experience!

Back at the house Tammy was setting up for an SEF service (speaking english families). There were missionaries, pilots, helicopter mechanics and others there with their children from many different denominations gathering for a service together in english! Nate & Jon lead worship and I loved singing in engilish and knowing the songs! We focused on the kids (who were sooo excited!), and had an amazing time. We were able to present our little skit on "God's Love" being the greatest treasure in all the world. They loved it and we loved their enthusiasm! The parents were so thankful that we were able to share with the kids. It was fun visiting and listening to what God had called so many to do in Madagascar. What a great way to end our time in Madagascar.

After everyone left we headed to our house for a little rest and to pack up. We would be leaving for the airport about 10 p.m. for our flight around 1 a.m. Back at our house I had to laugh out loud when I tried to pack my suitcase...it was bulging open so bad I couldn't close it! I tried repacking a couple of times and ended up rearranging and adding more to my carryon, which worked out well. Praying all the while that my bag wouldn't bust open on the trip home!

Off to Paris for two days...exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment