Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day two is coming to a close. It was a great day painting at the Bible School.I think we all have yellow paint on us that doesn't really want to come off! Except Allysha & Tammy who were staining the window seals, but they were sticky just the same! We enjoyed a great picnic with everyone and a sweet prayer that the Lashway's & Warneke's sang for us (we didn't know you always sung your prayer at picnics!).

It has been a good day. I didn't sleep well last night. Had a few hours then my internal clock just couldn't shut down. I'm looking forward to a good sleep tonight. Tomorrow is a full day of activities with children and pastor's wives. The ladies in our team will be speaking at the luncheon while the men will be heading off to do an outreach a few hours away.

This afternoon we went for a walk along one of the streets heading towards town. Most people walk along the roads. The traffic isn't too busy, but it is very scary at times. No real speed limit that I could see. You just honk your horn to let the walkers know you're behind them and then scoot around them. If you want to go around someone, go for it. If another car is coming they get over. I'm just glad we have Nate & Tammy to drive us around.Tammy had mentioned that many folks just take little pit stops along the roadways to releave themselves wherever they are. We hadn't seen that until our walk this evening...3 times in our 45 minute walk!Embarassing for me, but normal for the locals.The other thing you notice is the trash everywhere. There aren't any dumps really. People just throw their trash wherever they want. Sad to see, but with no organized sanitation program there isn't a system set up for the locals.

Now we're sitting down to a classic west african meal...yum! More to come.

2 comments:

  1. The children in the pictures looked really happy. The town looks big and rather poor. I was surprised by the. "lake" nearby. Sounds like they are keeping you busy and that you are having a great time. Is it cold at night? Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello all, Just wanted you to know I've been checking the blog and praying for you. So grateful for all the posts. What an amazing opportunity and such a gift to those in Madagascar. Love and hugs,

    ReplyDelete